Cars are used for various reasons, from getting people to and from work to racing and other leisurely activities. Some people think of cars as collector’s items, keeping them in their garages and taking great care of them without even driving them.
People think of cars as an extension of their personality, so they often choose a car that symbolizes them. There’s a deep and rich history behind cars, their technology, manufacturing, and some fun stories people love to share.
With so many car facts, there’s a high chance you’ll hear about one that would probably blow your mind. We’ve compiled many of these facts below, so read on to learn more.
- Volvo invented three-point seat belts but didn’t patent them so that everyone could use them for increased safety
- The first car available to the masses was developed by Henry Ford and cost around 850$
- You can sell your car in UAE for a reasonable price regardless of its condition
- The first electric traffic signal was placed in Cleveland, Ohia, on the corner of Euclid Avenue and East 105th Street.
- The first “No Left Turn” sign was placed in Buffalo, New York
- A car valuation in Dubai is one of the best ways to learn the market value of your car
- 80% of most cars are recyclable, with 12 million vehicles being recycled in the US every year
- Two-thirds of the world’s population drives on the right side of the street
- Nicephore Niepce, the person who invented photography, was also credited with building the first IC engine
- Most cars have about 30,000 unique parts inside them
- About 95% of a car’s entire lifetime is spent parked
- Texting while driving makes getting into an accident 23 times more likely
- The world’s first automobile was developed in 1885 by Carl Benz, and it could reach a top speed of 16KMPH
- Car manufacturers are looking for a way to get rid of the “new car smell” because it contains harmful chemicals
- Over 95% of cars in the US have an automatic transmission, whereas 80% of cars in Japan and Europe have manual transmission
- Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot developed the first self-propelled vehicle, a steam-powered tricycle, in 1769.
- Denmark is one of the most expensive countries when it comes to buying a new car
- Half of all cars sold in Norway are hybrid or electric
- Carl Benz’s wife, Bertha Benz, took the world’s first long-distance journey from Mannheim to Pforzheim in 1888
- Silver/Gray are the most popular car colors in 2022
- Japan used to be the world’s top automobile producer in 1980 but is currently third under the US and China
- The Toyota Corolla is the world’s best-selling car of all time, with over 50 million cars sold over twelve generations of vehicles
- Ford build over 15 million cars from 1909 to 1927
- Tesla is the most valuable car company in the world, followed by Toyota, Volkswagen, and BYD
- It only takes 30 milliseconds (0.03 seconds) for airbags to inflate fully
- You can be fined for driving a dirty car in Russia
- Los Angeles has about 4 million citizens and 6.1 million cars
- The inventor of cruise control was a blind engineer named Ralph Teetor
- Nevada became the first US state to issue licenses to self-driving cars in 2012
- The US publisher Ward’s estimated that there are 1.4 billion cars in the world as of 2019
Were there any car facts you didn’t know? These are just a few out of thousands of fantastic car facts.
Even if you’ve heard about most of these, you’ll probably hear a car fact that’ll blow your mind sooner or later.